Internship Housing Options
Below you will find housing options that have been used by our interns in the past. For more information on a particular housing option, call the facility you are interested in.
4400 Massachusetts Ave. NW
Washington D.C. 2001
|The Catholic University of America
620 Michigan Ave. NE
|George Washington University
2121 Eye Street NW
|Georgetown University Law Center
600 New Jersey Ave. NW
||Washington Intern Student Housing (WISH)
305 Massachusetts Avenue NE
Washington, DC 20002
P: (202) 548-2720 F: (202) 548-2435
Additional Information about Housing Locations
- Location: Located near Embassy Row, AU offers a beautifully landscaped campus with many amenities.
- Commute: AU is metro accessible by AU Shuttle buses which run to the Tenleytown/AU metro stop every 15 minutes. The metro ride is approximately 25 minutes.
The Catholic University of America
- Location: Catholic is home to the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception and is the largest campus in D.C. The surrounding area is not as safe as Foggy Bottom or Tenleytown, but campus security is high.
- Commute: There is a metro stop on campus, with a five minute metro ride to Capitol Hill.
George Washington University
- Location: GW, located in Foggy Bottom in downtown D.C., is within walking distance of the White House, Georgetown, the State Department and the National Mall.
- Commute: The Foggy Bottom metro stop is located on GW's campus. The metro ride is about 20 minutes.
- Location: Georgetown is located in one of the most quaint and popular sections of D.C. GU is known for its nightlife and shopping.
- Commute: Georgetown is not metro accessible. Metrobuses are available to take residents to Dupont Circle or Foggy Bottom metro. Total commute is about 45 minutes.
Georgetown University Law Center
- Location: GU Law Center is conveniently located near Union Station and Capitol Hill.
- Commute: GULC is within walking distance of the Hart building.
Washington Intern Student Housing (WISH)
- WISH interns rent for three months (summer semester), four months (fall semester), or five months (spring semester). All properties are fully furnished (including television, phone, dishes, coffee makers, etc.) and include utilities. Interns check-in at the Capitol Hill WISH office at the beginning of the semester.
- Location: A five minute walk to the Senate Hart Office Building. Union Station and shopping are within minutes.
- Washington Post: www.washingtonpost.com
- CityPaper: www.washingtoncitypaper.com
- Sibley Hospital: (202) 537-4080 (AU)
- George Washington University Medical Center: (202) 994-1000 (GW)
- Providence Hospital Center: (202) 269-7000 (CU)